- In Registered Servers, click the server type on the Registered Servers toolbar. If Registered Servers is not visible, click Registered Servers on the View menu.
- Right-click a server or a server group, point to New, and then click Server Group.
- In the New Server Group dialog box, in the Group name list box, type a unique name for the server group. The server group name must be unique for the current location in the Registered Servers tree.
- In the Group description list box, optionally type a friendly name that describes the server group, for example, “Finance Servers for Latin America.”
- In the Select a location for the new server group box, click a location for the group, and then click Save.
Those of us who would like to find the backup information of the critical databases or to find the SQL Agent Jobs that failed across several instance, that can all be done from a single query in a server group.